收起左侧
发新帖

菲律宾总统小马科斯就职演说英文版——几乎是听过最精...

时间:2022-7-1 10:11 0 6712 | 复制链接 |

马上注册,结交更多好友

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?立即注册

x
DSC0000.jpg DSC0004.jpg 今天中午小马科斯宣誓就任菲律宾总统

小马科斯的场就职演说,几乎是小编听过的最精彩英语演讲。除了文辞动人之外,小马科斯的情绪、肢体语言和感染力都很到位。总体评价要比11天前萨拉·杜特尔特的副总统就职演讲好太多了。一个是大学生的,另一个是小学生的。绝对是一篇上佳的英文消息好材料,与演讲视频一起服用更佳。

用菲律宾小姐姐海蒂·林吉(Haydee Lingi)的评价是:听着他的演讲,天哪,我感动的热泪盈眶… …感觉有一股强大的力量充盈在我的胸膛,一种激励我们前进的力量… …小马科斯总统有强大的自信和无比的感染力。我向你的谦逊和为菲律宾服务的愿望致敬… …我们爱你!从自己的家到社会,我们会以最好的方式支持你!我们将为您和全世界所有菲律宾人民/上帝的儿女祈祷。菲律宾万岁!热爱菲律宾!上帝保佑所有菲律宾人民!上帝保佑菲律宾!

本来今天打算发布这篇演讲的双语版,可第一次整理英语演讲,太吃力了,直到晚上10点才完成,完全没有翻译成中文的可能了。所以,只能先发布英文版。

DSC0005.jpg
马科斯就职演说结束后,与家人在宣誓台上的合影。

Here is Excellency DavidHurley governor-general of Australia and first lady Linda Hurley, here is Excellenciesspecial envoys and heads of delegations, here is Excellency most reverendCharles John Brown of the diplomatic corps, vice president Sara Duterte, presidentFidel Ramos, president Joseph Estrada. president Gloria Macapagal Arroyo, senatepresident Vicente Sotto Ⅲand the honorable members of Philippine senate, house speaker Lord AlanJ Velasco and the honorable members of the house of representatives, chiefJustice Alexander Gesmundo and the honorable justices of the Supreme court, ofcourse first lady Liza Araneta and my children Alexander Sandro Simon andVicent, I cannot proceed without a special greeting of course to the formerfirst lady Imelda Romualduz Marcos, other distinguished guests,ladies andgentlemen, my friends, my be loved countrymen good afternoon:

This is a historic momentfor us all. I’m feeling deep within me. You, the people, have spoken and it isresounding. When my call for unity started to resonate with you, it did sobecause it echoed your yearnings, mirrored your sentiments, and expressed yourhopes for family, for country, and for a better future. That is why itreverberated and amplified as it did to deliver the biggest electoral mandatein the history of Philippine democracy.

DSC0006.jpg
演讲中的小
马科斯
  By your votes you rejectedthe politics of division. I offended none of my rivals in this campaign. Ilistened instead to what they were saying and I saw little incompatibility withmy own ideas about jobs fair wages personal safety and national strength andending want in a land of plenty. I believe that if we but focus on the work athand and the work that will come to hand. We will go very far under my watch.You believe that too. We heard the voice of our countrymen about uniting ournation. We will go further together than against each other pushing forward notpulling each other back.

Out of fear out of amisplaced sense of weakness, but we are the furthest from weak. The Filipinodiaspora flourishes even in the most inhospitable climes where they are valuedfor their quality. The change we seek will benefit all and will shortchange noone. I was not the instrument of change you were that who made it happen. I amnow you pick me to be your servant to enable changes to benefit all. I fullyunderstand the gravity of the responsibility that you’ve put on my shoulders. Ido not take it lightly but I am ready for the task. I need your help. I want torely on it but rest assured I do not predicate success on the wide cooperationthat’s needed. I will get it done.

I once knew a man who sawwhat little had been achieved since independence in a land of people with thegreatest potential for achievement。And yet they were poor but he got it done,sometimes with a needed support sometimes without. So will it be with his sonyou will get no excuses from me.

I am here not to talk aboutthe past. I am here to tell you about our future, a future of sufficiency. Evenplenty of readily available ways and means to get done what needs doing, byyou, by me. We do look back but ahead up the road that we must take to a placebetter than one we lost in the pandemic. Gains made and lost opportunitiesmissed well-laid plans superseded by the pandemic. Indeed ours was the fastestgrowing economy in ASEAN by ways outdated. We shall be gain, we shall be againby radical change in the way theworldmust now work to recover what we have lost in that fire. And move on fromthere.

DSC0007.jpg
菲律宾总统小
科斯与到场观礼的中国国家副主席合影
  We’ve face prospects of thespread of the war abroad of which we are totally blameless. We seek friendshipwith all. But our countries like ours will bear the brunt of it and if thegreat powers draw the wrong lessons from the ongoing tragedy in Ukraine thesame dark prospect of conflict will spread to our part of the world. Yet ,thereis more out there like going forward by new ways of doing the pandemic forcesto adopt a stronger resilience quicker adaptability. They are our bestprevention, they are our best protection.

Quiet reflection in a roughand tumble campaign of bread and intensity never experienced reveal some ofthem. Such as a willingness to listen despite the noise, the hesitation toquarrel over differences and to never ever give up hope of reconciliation. Thesegave me the peace to ponder deeper. There are hints of a road not taken thatcould get us out of here quicker to something better something less fragile. Thereis also what you the people did to cope, but this time empowered by newtechniques and more resources. You got by, getting some of what you needed witha massive government help and for this I thank my predecessor for the courageof his hard decisions. But there is a way to put more means and choices in yourhands. I trust the Filipino.

Imagine how much more you’dachieve in backstops instead of dictating your decisions. Always there topicking you up when you fall giving what you need to get past a problem. Imagineif it invested in your self-empowerment to bring it closer to taking onwhatever challenges come. Imagine a country that in almost every sense is you. Nowimagine what you and government can achieve together. We did it in the pandemicwe will do it again.

But again I will notpredicate my promise to you on your cooperation. You have your own lives tolive your work to and there too I will help. Government will get as much donealone without requiring more from you, that is what government and publicofficials are for. No excuses just deliver it was like that once upon a time.

I did not talk much in thiscampaign ,I did not bother to think of rebutting my rivals. Instead I searchedfor promising approaches better than the usual solution. I listen to you. I didnot lecture you who has the biggest stake in our success and the forthcomingstate of the nation will tell you exactly how we shall get this dome, in thisfresh chapter of our history. I extand my hand to all Filipinos, come, let usput our shoulders to the wheel and give that wheel of faster turn to repair andto rebuild and to address challenges in new ways, to provide what all Filipino’sneed, to be all that we can. We are here to repair a house divided to make itwhole , and to stand strong again in the bayanihan way expressive of our natureas Filipinos.

We shall seek not scorndialogue listen respectfully to country reviews be open to suggestions comingfrom hard thinking and unsparing judgment. But always from us Filipinos. We cantrust no one else when it comes to what is best for us. Past history has oftenproven them. Solutions from outside divided us none deepened our understanding,they were always at our expense never forget we are Filipinos. One nation onerepublic indivisible.

We resisted and never failedto defeat foreign attempts to break up our country in my father’s watch, hestrongest critics have conceded that. So let us all be part of the solutionthat we choose. In that lies the power to get it done. Always be open todiffering views but ever united in our chosen goal. Never hesitating to changeit should it prove one thing, that is how agile resilient republics are made.
  Our future we decide today,yesterday cannot make that decision anymore, nor can tomorrow delay it. Thesooner we start the surer and quicker the prospect of achieving ourfuture.

These are troubling timeswhat’s happening to others can happen to us but it will not. We see what’shappening. We are witness to how it is being stopped and we have seen the glorythat crowns struggle against all odds, giving up is not an option. We’ve beenthrough times of bitter division, but united we came through to this when itshall begin again, but better.

The campaigns I’ve run havetaken me here where I stand today. I listen to you and this is what I haveheard. We all want peace in our land you and your children want a good chanceand better life in a safer more prosperous country. All that is within reach ofa hard-working warm and giving race. How can we make them come true? How can wedo it together? But I will take it as far as anyone with the same faith andcommitment can as if it depended entirely on themselves.

In our hope to make ourcountry peaceful, your hope is my hope. In your hope of making our countrysuccessful, your hope is my hope. And in our hope for our brighter future andthe futures of our children, your hope is my hope.

We are presently drawing upa comprehensive all-inclusive plan for economic transformation. We will buildback better by doing things in the light of the experiences that we have had,both good and bad. It doesn’t matter. No looking back in anger or nostalgia. Inthe road ahead the immediate months will be rough but I will walk that roadwith you.

The pandemic ravaged bigger economiesin ours, the virus is not the only thing to blame. What had been well built wastorn down, we will build it back better.

The role of agriculturecries for the urgent attention that its neglect and misdirection now demands. Foodself-sufficiency has been the key promise of every administration, none but onedelivered. There were inherent effects in the old ways and in recent ways too. Thetrade policy of competitive advantage made the case that when it comes to foodsufficiency. A country should not produce but import what other countries makemore of and sell cheapest. Then came Ukraine the most vulnerable when it comesto food are the countries furthest away from the conflict. Those bearing noblame for provoking. Yet they face the biggest risk of starvation, if financialaid is poured into them. Though it never is, there is nothing to buy. Food isnot just a trade commodity without it people weaken and die. Societies comeapart it is more than a livelihood. It is an existential imperative and a moralon. An agriculture damaged and diminished by unfair competition will have aharder time. Or will have no prospects at all of recovering. Food sufficiencymust get the preferential treatment the richest free trade countries alwaysgave the agricultural sectors. Their policy boils down to don’t do as we do, dowhat we tell you to. I am giving that policy the most serious thought if itdoesn’t change or make more allowances for emergencies with long-term effects.

There is a parallel problemin our energy supply. Sufficient fossil fuel free technology for wholeeconomies has yet to be invented, and it is not seriously tried by richcountries again. Consider the response of the richest countries to the war in Ukrainebut surely a free world awash with oil can assure supplies. Or we will find away we are not far from oil and gas reserves that have already been developed.

What we teach in our schoolsthe materials used must be rethought. I’m not talking about history, I’mtalking about the basics. The sciences sharpening theoretical aptitude andimparting vocational skills, such as in the German example alongside thenational language with equal emphasis and facility in a global language whichwe had and lost.

DSC0008.jpg
到场观礼的中国国家副主席在就职典礼结束后与中国人民的老朋友伊梅尔达会面

Let us give OverseasFilipino Workers all the advantages we can for them to survive and to thrive.

Our teachers, fromelementary, are heroes fighting ignorance with poor paper weapons. We arecondemning the future of our race to menial occupations abroad. Then, they areexploited by traffickers. Once, we had an education system that prepared cominggenerations for more and better jobs. There is hope for a comeback. VicePresident and soon Secretary of Education Sara Duterte-Carpio will fit thatmission to a team.

We won’t be caughtunprepared under equipped and under staff to fight the next pandemic to startwith we never got over the pandemic of poor if any free public health. The lastmajor upgrade of a public health system exemplified by the resources pouredinto Philippine General Hospital predates the current shambles by threegenerations. Our nurses are the best in the world they’re quitted themselveswith the highest extinction abroad having suffered even the highest casualties.With the same exemplary dedication at home the just got by. They are out therebecause we cannot pay them for the same risk and workload that we have backhere.

There will be changesstarting tomorrow. I am confident because I have outlet in my cabinet. Therewere shortcomings in the covet response, we will fix them out in the open. Nomore secrets in public health. Remember I speake from experience, I was amongthe first to get covered it was not a walk in the park. My father built moreand better roads produced more rice than all administrations before his. PresidentRodriguez Duterte built more and better than all the administrations exceedingmy fathers. Much has been built and so well. That the economic dogma ofdispersing industry to develop the least likely places has been upturned. Developmentwas brought to them investors are now setting up industries along the promisingroutes built. And yet, the potential of this country is not exhausted. Followingthese giant steps we will continue to build.

I will complete on schedulethe projects that have been started. I’m not interested in taking credit I wantto build on success that’s already happening. We will be presenting the publicwith a comprehensive infrastructure plan six years, could be just about enoughtime. No part of our country will be neglected. Progress will be made whereverthere are Filipinos ,so no investment is wasted. The recovery of Philippinetourism with its emphasis on accessing nature’s beauty, I am sure will exceedexpectations and bigger is not always better. But there’s something to be saidfor economies of scale. And yet the country invites investments in fastrisingindustries with quick returns. Andinflicts irreparable damage for future generations. We have yet to seelarge-scale practical solutions to pollution though some are beginning toemerge. But there are tried and proven new ways of mitigation.

Blades have been turningover the sand dunes of Ilocos Norte. Harnessing a power all around but unseenlong before this day, I built them. The rich world talks a great deal does alot less about it than those with much less. But who suffer more death anddestruction from climate change and lack of adaptation.

We will look to our partnersand friends to help the Philippines who despite having a very small carbonfootprint is at the highest risk. First spare victims then help them recoverand move on. To listen the harmful impact of climate change.

We too have our part toplay. We are the third biggest plastics polluter in the world but we won’tshirk from that responsibility. We will clean up.

DSC0009.jpg
宣誓就职仪式结束后,内阁成员在小马科斯的带领下宣誓就职。
  You will not be disappointedso do not be afraid. With every difficult decision that I must make I will keepforemost in my heart and in my mind the death of gratitude I owe you for thehonor and responsibility that you have conferred on me. Whatever is in theperson to make changes in the better others I lay before you now in mycommitment. I will try to spare you, you have your other responsibilities tocarry, but I will not spare myself from shedding the last bead of sweat orgiving the last ounce of courage and sacrifice.

And if you ask me why I amso confident of the future? I will answer you simply that I have 110 millionreasons to start with, such is my faith in the Filipino.

Believe have hope the sunalso rises like it did today and as it will tomorrow. And as surely as that wewill achieve the country all Filipino’s deserve.

God bless the Philippines! Godbless our work!

DSC00011.jpg DSC00012.jpg

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /2 下一条

快速回复 返回列表 返回顶部